Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bar

Before entering law school, I thought, being smart and intelligent is enough to be able to cope up with the struggles in law school.

I was wrong!!!

By being able to survive for almost two months in law school, I now somewhat understand what Atty. Clemente told us during the freshmen orientation that:

"In surviving in Law school, we should have:

1% mind and 99% heart"


Everyday is a challenge! Everyday is a test! A test of our determination, our limits, our capacity to be able to go beyond our comfort zones! Every subject needs our 100% focus and slacking off would mean failure, failure in the subject and worst, failure in the Bar exam.

Before, I live a carefree life! I'm not thinking about whether or not I've studied enough on the topics given to us because in the end I know everyone will pass! But now, everything is different, reading just two or three books is not enough! Reading is not enough! comprehending, understanding is not enough! Time is not enough! Every effort I put to learn the subject is not enough! Everything is not enough! It's as if there's always lacking!!!

Seeing the Barristers in the library, I always ask myself:

"HOW THEY WERE ABLE TO SURVIVE LAW SCHOOL?,"

and

"WILL I BE ABLE TO FINISH LAW SCHOOL?"

These questions keeps on bugging me!!!

Sometimes I just want to quit! In the end, I will not, because I have my goals set, set to be fulfilled! If I can't do this, how can I be able to pass the next challenges?

I just keep on telling:



"HELL YEAH!!!

I CAN DO IT!!!

IF OTHERS CAN DO IT,

WHY CAN'T I?"


Well, I need to work harder, study harder, and pray harder everyday to be able to reach that stage.

The start of the Bar Examination will be this Sunday, September 6, 2009. I'll be in La Salle to cheer the Barristers.

To the 2009 Barristers:

GOOD LUCK!!!

and

GOD SPEED!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am surprised when i found out that u also created ur blog.. same with mam daye.. its nice pau!
be good always.. knowing u, u dont want to give up things that u choose to enter.. rememeber what i told u, "seo n aq mgppanotaryo ha???" hehehe.. u really have a brave soul and i know how strong ur determination is.
gudlak to u attorney-not-yet paula marie valles.
keep in touch! be safe always! mwahugs! -tin g.

Paula Marie Valles said...

hi tin g. muzta k n?

thanks 4 ol d kind words dat u've said!?

gudluck din sau ah!? do ur best s work mo at dadating din ung time n mppansin yan ng employers mo mlay ntin in an ample time one of the executives k n rin!!!

hehehe...

I really do miss all of u!!! sna magkron tau ng reunion!?

ingat kau lagi at ikamuzta mo ko kina coulet!?

god bless!!!