Sunday, November 30, 2008

Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed

I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there was one only.

This bothered me

because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints,

so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,

that if I followed you,

you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed

that during the most trying periods of my life

there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most,

have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,

“The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,

my child, is when I carried you.”

- by Mary Stevenson 1936


2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Fernando Rebouças said...

Hi paula valles

im from Brazil, and designer of cartoon/ comics streaps of ecological for childrens in Brazil..i seed your blogspot...I published in USA..
Do you like brazilian culture?

Bye

Fernando Rebouças/ Rio