Thursday, November 27, 2008

Jobstreet escapades


I don't know what got into my mind, why i pass a resume in www.jobstreet.com, an online hiring/advertising company but then I just told myself if I will not have any feedback after a week, it means, my fate is to only be a student till graduation. on the next day, I recieved a message from Jobstreet to come to their company on Monday for interview, that's why I thought maybe i will not remain jobless after all.

In the lobby of Jobstreet, I observed that everybody is speaking in English (with the slang on the side) so I tried to blend in by talking to my seatmate in English while waiting for my batch, which is Batch 11, to be called. A few minutes later, Ms. KC called our batch for interview, we were 9 in the batch, I was very nervous, still I was able to answer every question she asked me. After the interview she told us to wait in the lobby for the results of the initial interview. I went to the restroom afterwards, when I came back my batchmates are gone except for the 4 of us. my batchmate whom I dont remember the name told me that Ms. KC gave them a letter stating that they failed the interview. For a while, I am relieved. Several minutes past an intern called our name and told us that we have to take the exam, Well, the exam is quite difficult but I managed to pass it! Unfortunately, the other girl from my batch failed the exam because of her slow speed of typing. After waiting till 6pm, they gave me letter recommendations for teleperformance in Sucat, which I decline because of the location is to far from my school and in ePLDT Ventus.

1 comment:

Chen Chow said...

Congrats for getting the job offer! Thanks for your support of JobStreet.com too!

Perfectly understand that you have to turn down the offer due to certain circumstances.

Good Luck in your job search.

From a staff of JobStreet.com