Friday, November 7, 2008

Moot Court and Human Rights Seminar and Workshop

"Teacher's Camp in Baguio"
picture taken by: Heidi Ortiz

On our departure in the Polytechnic University of the Philippines Antique House to Baguio, I noticed a lot of third year bringing 2 or 3 bags or luggage and it seems that it is there first time going to Baguio and as for me I only bring one luggage for the clothes, shoes and etc. and a small bag for the mobile phone, mp3's and wallet.

On the bus, I sat beside Iola Vianka, a good friend of mine. Actually, I tired myself to death prior to the day of the departure so that I will be able to sleep because I know it will be a 6 hours trip with 15 minutes stay on bus stops. At first, I'm having problems getting sleep because everyone is so noisy but in the middle of our trip everyone fell asleep and it became a pleasant night (actually a day because its midnight) for sleeping for everybody.

Upon arrival to the teacher's camp everyone is so excited going down to get their luggage and take pictures with their peers. The problem is, we have to carry our luggage up to the dining hall wherein the stairs is very high like you're going up to the 100 stairs in Grotto.

After the breakfast, we have to go to our room in the third floor room 313. My room mates are Ana Lorena, Iola Vianka, Romina, Jezaline, Monica Dianne and Ma. Ethel Christine. Tin (ethel) told me that the room is ok in sarcastic manner, i ask why she said that, she replied the room number is 13 which some people believe corresponds to evil.

During the Moot Court, I learned about the proceedings, the proper address to the court officials, the timing and etc. Unfortunately, we didn't win the case but it's OK the experience is still worth it.

The talks in the Seminar like human rights, rights of GLBTQ (Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgendered, and Queer), Rights of Indigenous People, Rights of Women and Children and etc. is very informative. as well as, the workshops, which I enjoyed the most. I would like to thank my Harassment (the name of the group) group mates for their cooperation and to our facilitator Kuya Bryle and Kuya Icko for helping us out. And

Congratulations!!!

to all of us for winning the best Group Cheering Song entitled:

'Harassment'

During our stay, I am very frightened because White Hall is known for it's creepy stories. Fortunately, I haven't seen any ghost but a classmates of mine namely Melwin, Paul and Roma Nicko told us that on their room on the second floor they hear a crying sound of a girl.

Moving on, I would like to thank the third year for the tribute and the food on the Labo-Labo Night!




A View of Baguio
in the Bench of

Good Shepherd Dormitory

picture take by: Paula Marie F. Valles

On our fourth day, our free day, we went to Mines View Park, Botanical Garden, catch a glimpse of the Mansion, SM Baguio, Good Shepherd Dormitory, Baguio Palengke and Burnham Park where we ride a boat. On the evening, the rain starts pouring so we have to hurry back to teachers camp, where we stay while waiting for the bus.

Lastly, My experience fot the entire four days stay in baguio are the one of the memories I will never forgot.


No comments: